Because your security is our prime concern, you are assured that at BPI, we are continually implementing measures to ensure the safety of your Internet banking transactions done through www.bpiepay.com.
BPI adheres to the best security practices by using different tools, methods, and processes to protect our customer’s account information and banking transactions:
We employ security products, such as intrusion detection system and firewalls, and other internal controls which are meant to safeguard, physically and logically, all our servers and information systems, including the data stored in these systems.
Access to BPI ePay is secured using GoDaddy’s Security Certificate which enables SSL for end-to-end encryption and you to verify the authenticity of our sites.
I. ACCESS TO BPI ePay BANKING SERVICES
1. How information about you is collected
1.1 When you visit the BPI ePay website or use our related services, we collect information sent to the operation system by your computer, mobile phone or other access device. The information sent to us includes data on the pages you access, your computer IP address, device identifiers, and the type of operating system you are using, your location, mobile network information, standard web log data and other information. When you visit the MATCHMOVE WALLET website or use our related services, we also collect information about your transactions and your activities.
1.2 In addition, if you open a MATCHMOVE WALLET account or use our related services, we may collect the following types of information:
a. Contact information, such as your name, address, mobile number, email and other similar information.
b. Detailed personal information such as your date of birth or mother’s maiden name.
2. How personal information is protected and stored
2.1 We store and process your personal information on our computers in the US, Asia, Europe and elsewhere in the world where our facilities are located. We shall protect your information using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to data centers, and information access authorization controls.
3. How the collected personal information is used
The primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. Your personal information may be used to:
a. provide BPI ePay and related services and customer support;
b. process transactions and send notices about your transactions;
c. resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
d. prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce the Terms and Conditions;
e. customize, measure, and improve BPI ePay and related services and the content, layout, and operation of our websites and applications;
f. deliver targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
g. contact you at any telephone number, by placing a voice call or through text (SMS) or email messaging, as authorized by the Terms and Conditions;
4.1 We shall not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize BPI ePay and related services, content, and advertising.
4.2 We may call or send text message (SMS) to you at a mobile phone number that you have provided.
4.3 If you do not wish to receive marketing communications or participate in ad-customization programs, simply indicate your preference by following the directions that may be provided within the communication or advertisement.
5. How personal information is shared with other BPI ePay users
5.1 To process your payments, we may share some of your personal information, including your contact information, date of sign-up, and the number of transactions you have conducted, with the person or company that you are conducting transactions with. In addition, this and other information may also be shared with third parties when you use these third parties to access BPI ePay services. Unless you have agreed to it, these third parties are not allowed to use this information for any purpose other than to enable BPI ePay and related services.
5.2 If you are buying goods or services and pay through BPI ePay, we may also provide the MERCHANT with your shipping and billing address to help complete your transaction. The MERCHANT is not allowed to use this information to market its services to you unless you have agreed to it. If an attempt to pay your MERCHANT fails, or is later invalidated, we may also provide your MERCHANT with details of the unsuccessful transactions. Regardless, we shall not disclose your credit card number or bank account number to anyone.
6. How personal information is shared with other parties
6.1 We may share your personal information with:
a. Our subsidiaries and affiliates – to provide joint content, products, and services (like registration, transactions and customer support), to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of policies, and to guide decisions about products, services, and communications.
b. Service providers under contract who help with our business operations such as fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, and technology services. These contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
d. Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal processes or requirements applicable to us or one of our affiliates; when we need to do so to comply with any law and/or rules; or when we believe, at our sole discretion, that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of the Terms and Conditions.
e. Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
7. How you can access or change your personal information
You can review and edit your personal information at any time by logging in to your account and reviewing your account settings and profile or by calling Customer Service 89-100. You can also close your account by calling Customer Service. If you close your BPI ePay account, we shall mark your account in our database as “Closed” but may retain personal information from your account as required by laws and/or to collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, prevent fraud, enforce the Terms and Conditions, or take other actions as required or permitted by law.
8. Security Guidelines
8.1 Your role in safeguarding your Personal Data and Account Information
You are responsible for keeping your account information and Password confidential. Failure to do so exposes you to the risks of fraud and loss. BPI ePay will not be responsible for losses suffered by customers as a result of:
a. Input errors or misuse of BPI ePay’s services;
b. Negligent handling or sharing of your Password;
c. Leaving a computer or mobile device unattended during an online session.
d. Failure to immediately report known incidents of unauthorized account access.
8.3 Take precautions against your security code keystrokes being captured
Exercise the necessary precautions to protect your personal computer against viruses and other malicious programs. Aside from damaging and/or destroying data, viruses and malicious programs can capture your Password keystrokes and other personal information and send them to another person without your consent.
8.4 Inform us immediately of suspected invasion of your privacy or of unauthorized transactions.
1.1 BPI shall provide instructions on how to use the online services of BPI Internet Banking. Access is available to any enrolled/ nominated accounts with the use of Internet enabled computer, approved browser and designated User ID and Password.
9. When can you access your BPI ePay account
9.1 Accounts in BPI ePay may be accessed seven (7) days a week, twenty four (24) hours a day. However, at certain times, some or all of its services may not be available due to system maintenance. System downtime for maintenance could occur as early as 7PM (Philippine time).
II. OTHER SERVICES
Clients will be notified from time to time of the new services introduced by the Bank for Internet Banking.
III. OTHER AGREEMENTS
1. The Bank and other members of the BPI Group of Companies as well as any of their officers and representatives, and third party services, are free and harmless, as well as indemnified, from any and all liabilities, claims, damages, suits of whatever nature, arising out of or in connection with the implementation of this arrangement, including any and all errors inadvertently committed, any computer-related errors resulting to the Bank’s failure to effect any transaction that is undertaken via BPI ePay. The Bank will not be liable for any losses, resulting from circumstances over which the Bank has no direct control, including, but not limited to, the failure of electronic or mechanical equipment or communication lines or other interconnect problems, severe weather, earthquakes, floods or other such events.
2. All terms and conditions of existing savings/current account agreement(s) insofar as not inconsistent herewith shall remain in full force and effect.
3. Particular transactions, products and services are subject to specific terms and conditions agreed upon between me and the Bank, insofar as not inconsistent herewith, or that are applicable thereto from time to time, such terms and conditions shall take precedence.
4. This arrangement shall be governed by all applicable rules and regulations of the Banko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP).
5. The Bank may in the future impose charges on this arrangement within legal and regulatory limits.
6. Enrollment in BPI ePay shall be effective upon receipt of the Bank’s confirmation of the activation of accounts in BPI ePay site and shall remain in full force and effect until a written notice of its termination is received. The Bank may, however, at any time, terminate this arrangement without prior written notice of termination.
7. The Bank may modify, amend or revise the terms and conditions applicable to any of the services provided through BPI ePay from time to time upon mailing, e-mailing or delivering a notice of the modifications, amendments or revised terms and conditions at the address shown on your account records and the revised terms and conditions shall correspondingly be effective. Continued use of BPI ePay Account thereafter will constitute acceptance of the modifications and revised agreement. The Bank may send any notice, including, but not limited to, notifications of modifications via electronic mail. The Bank reserves the right to terminate this Agreement and the use of the Services in whole or in part at any time without prior notice.
IV. OTHER AFFILIATE BPI INTERNET-BASED SERVICES
1. BPI ePay of the Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI) has or shall have other affiliate BPI INTERNET-BASED SERVICES.
2. Registration with BPI and subsequently availing of such other affiliate BPI INTERNET-BASED SERVICES is governed by the respective terms and conditions of the specific internet-based service availed.